Skip to Content
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation* 905-581-7222

Seth Peterson, 43, actor on the television series "Burn Notice", has proudly announced his split from his wife of 12 years, Kylee Cochran. He broke the news to the public by posting pictures of his new girlfriend, Miranda, all over social media.

Not a very classy move, especially considering the fact that his wife is 7-months pregnant. Seth apparently broke the news to Kylee, an actress who has appeared in "The Crow: Salvation”, about his mistress in September 2013.

In early December, Miranda uploaded a picture of herself with Seth, captioned: "Okay. Officially. Seth Peterson and I are a couple." One user commented, "I thought he was married… Or is “was” the operative term here? ;D", to which Miranda replied: 'Lol, yeah. Was."

Kylee has now filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences and is seeking spousal support and full custody of all their children, claiming Seth has a drug problem and the children need to be protected from him. Seth and Kylee currently have two children: an 8-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son. Kylee told the judge that Seth is agreeable to giving up all of his custodial rights. Kylee will only give Seth supervised access.

In Ontario, it is appropriate to arrange supervised access exchanges if the parent who is visiting with the child is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. While the main consideration upon which an access arrangement is based is the best interests of the child, there are various other concerns for a supervised access order.

When making arrangements for supervised access, the following questions should be taken into consideration: whether the proposed plan and supervisor provides for the safety of the child, how the supervised access order will be enforced, and the timeframe for re-evaluating the supervised access order.

For some parents, deciding on a place and supervisor to facilitate this kind of arrangement is difficult. The Ministry of the Attorney General, therefore, funds supervised access centres where visits can occur with trained staff and volunteers. Parties can refer themselves to the program, but can also be made by lawyers, mediators, courts, mental health professionals, and other organizations and professionals. An Order for supervised access is usually preferred, however, parents can provide another signed written agreement, such as a separation agreement.